Well many of you know that I've been pleased with DD9's academic situation and, natch, describing it because she's "not that G." Well, I'm still feel tremendously lucky that she is in a great school that differentiates with her peers but I realized very fast when there was a rumor of one of her four GT peers (in a class of 21) skipping a grade. Freak out for four -grade -skipped me. Will her support group bust up, should I skip her , too. What good will that do because we KNOW it's the rate of learning at stake rather than the content. So on and so forth...

In short, my denial was revealed to me big time! Like many here, I have a hard time internalizing the idea that 99+ percentage really means that they're different. Gee, maybe that's why most of her friends and ALL her really good friends are ID'd too.

The classroom and GT teacher just laughed at me, like, hey, you're just getting it emotionally. In "their " world those top 1% results and grade equivalents 4-5 years ahead do mean something. I can hear Kriston, Grinity and Neato chortling already.

And I'm counting my blessings that DD obviously has such support.

aline