I have a dd5 who really seems to be unusual in terms of her processing speed. One of the things they do in her Kindy is to do some writing - obviously - some of the kids are all over the map in terms of writing ability... dd seems fairly typical in what she is writing - except that she completes the assignments very quickly. She finished the required sentence - so she wrote a second, she finished the second and started a third while the other kids were still half way through the first. Having finished the writing, she drew the picture, then did her reading (what she is supposed to do when she finishes early) - she finished all of the books that were available to her and then took a nap on the rug (I am not kidding) while waiting for the other kids to finish. This struck me as odd in many ways ....but this is true of all of the assignments she is given - for "math" and handwriting too, she is supposed to color when she finishes.... and she certainly does lots of coloring... She is quite unlike the other kids in her class. I have noticed this in other areas too - I am not sure if anyone is familiar with the game "spot it" - but wow... she is crazy good at that. She is just really speedy.... but the quality of what she is writing (both topic selection and handwriting ability) seem fairly on par for Kindy... does anyone have a kid like this? What do they do in school when they finish quickly? I have heard people talk about issues with gifted kids with slow processing speed... I feel like I have a normal kid (never tested) with crazy fast processing speed.