Thanks so much Dottie for the info...I AM SO FRUSTRATED - I went in this afternoon and spoke with the psychologist and knew right away that it wouldn't matter if we continued with the other subtests. I am very limited in choices of local psychologists and when I spoke with her about the +/- of finishing she said that she really didn't believe that children should be tested at 5 and that she was pretty adament that she didn't want to "subject" him to any more testing. She said that the other subtests were basically repeats of subtests he had already done but were introduced in a different way so she didn't feel the need for him to continue. She said that I should just let him be a kid and not worry because obviously he is a very gifted child who will do just fine in school. I was floored with some of her comments. I told her the teachers were concerned because he is one of the oldest in his Montessori preschool and that he has nothing in common with any of the other children in his class...he has tried to share some of his excitement about his love of weather and science but they all look at him like he is really strange so he keeps to himself....when he does get the chance to be around 7, 8, 9 year olds he fits with them like a comfy pair of socks and really gets a chance to shine. She said that it wasn't a good idea to allow him to spend a lot of time with older children because of his age. She said that most gifted children do just fine in school because they are able to "hold their own" without any special help. WHAT!!!! My little guy is a perfectionist and is not a self-motivator - not a good mix!! She also said it shows how much work you have done with him and all the things you have taught him - I let her know that we are just as shocked as everyone else with the stuff that comes out of his mouth...we never taught him his letters or sounds - he taught himself how to read....I am tired of the connotation that because you have a very smart little boy that we somehow locked him up in his room and force feed him academics - why is it so hard for them to realize that we are just along for the ride!!

So, I just went ahead and had her tell me the results so far and I was really surprised at the difference in IQ scores from his SB and the Weschler. He was like 128 on the SB and 118 on the WPPSI - I didn't get the written report so I don't remember all the exact names of things. She told me the same thing the other psych did with the SB. That he was scoring really really high - 99% on some levels such as general knowledge but then scored really low on his performance time and scored some low subtests in the block design/and things that required fine motor coordination such as writing/using the pencil to do marking. She said it was quite obvious that he was a perfectionist because she said she could tell that he wanted to get everything done exactly like he wanted and perfect and that he would respond with "I don't know" even though she could tell that he probably knew the answer he was just bothered that he might not get it correct. She said that in just talking with him she could tell that he was "very gifted" but she said she could also see how his SPD was really affecting his score. When I asked her what in the world do I do when I have all of his Montessori teachers and his school OT/Speech teacher telling me he is several grade levels ahead but we can't seem to get an IQ score to show that because his SPD is pulling his scores down....she had no answers and said that we really should stop worrying about because "obviously he would do just fine in school".
What in the world can I do as a parent to get my child the things he needs?? Everyone agrees that he is a 2e child but he can't get a score high enough (even though he only missed the 130 mark by a handful of points on the SB) so he would be able to get some kind of enrichment in the gifted program. It's not fair that because he is SPD, he gets overwhelmed with sounds/noises/smells/unknown people in a testing setting he is unfamiliar with so how in the world can he focus on an assessment if he is worried about whether or not the air conditioner is going to kick on when he doesn't expect it. everyone keeps telling me that he is amazing in class and that he would not have any issues keeping up with an advanced class because his only weaknesses are fine motor skills with handwriting and he can type..once he gets used to an environment and everyone helps him follow through with his sensory diet he is 100%. I have no idea what to do next???? Any one else out there in the same boat with a young one who is 2e and trying to get him services?? Thanks for letting me vent