Thanks, yes...I think he is just miserable now. I work part time from home and that is my only concern. The only reason I am more willing to homeschool him is because he is so easy to manage. He is very self motivated and can do things on his own for long periods of time. I would love to pull my 2nd grader but she is potentially ADD and EBD issues. We have a hard time managing her at home and school is a better fit for her very high social needs. She is not as highly gifted and althought she is several years ahead in reading math is a good fit at school. They do a good job with her. My 6th and 4th grader are doing ok after a few early years in a full time GT school.

I feel bad for the teacher as well. I hate to go to the principal, she is really trying but I just don't think my kid should be the guinea pig here until she gets the classroom under control.

I may pull him out a 9 week or so and then put him back and do that off and on. I know it sounds silly but I've got to "work" the system best I can. He's really not getting anything out of being there now except for anxiety.

I'm going to talk with the principal this week and let her know where I'm at with things. I might consider having him pull out for 2nd grade math but I don't know if he'll feel weird about that.

Last night we were driving and out of the blue he said "Mom, my school teaches me things I already know but it's because the other kids don't know it. I wish they would teach me harder things but I know why they can't." It's because then the other kids would be confused." I think it's often on his little mind...