@ Polarbear

I did try to talk with her this past weekend to see if I could figure out what is going on. She didn't really have an answer for me. She can be hard to get info from. Sometimes I wonder how much of what she says is truthful. I don't want to paint her as a liar, rather I think it's more of a result of her overactive imagination. Perhaps it's the age, she just seems to have a hard time drawing a line between reality and imagination. I can't think of any specific examples at the moment to explain this, I hope what I'm trying to say is coming out right.

She has had 2 assessments prior to this assessment (which I have yet to see). On the first 2 assessments she didn't get any wrong.

DD is definitely above grade level in reading, math I think the teacher can honestly say she is on level AT LEAST. But there are parts of the recommendation that asks for specific examples about behavior or personality, particularly related to giftedness, and dd is really just a wallflower. She isn't showy, she's quiet and in her own little world. So I really don't know what the teacher will put.

It's reassuring to hear I should have the time to appeal.