So finally this year in 3rd grade, DS has some somewhat meaningful enrichment. Gifted class (200 minutes a wk) plus accelerated math. It isn't challenging in the sense that he has to work hard to understand the material, but it is enough of a bump that he actually has to listen to the lesson and read the questions, which is actually a big step for him.

So in talking with DS about school, I asked if the work in his regular classroom is easy, hard or just right. He says, its hard. I ask about the gifted class, he says its easy. I asked him why its easy and he says because its fun! And the regular classwork isn't fun? No. So apparently, to him "easy" and "hard" have more to do with how interesting the work is to him than the level of challenge it provides!? And I think he means that the classroom work is hard because it is boring and harder for him to focus on.

Just wondering if any of your kids have similar perspectives? Also wondering if I should intervene with the teacher or just leave it alone? We have PT conferences coming up so I'm wondering how to address this.