We've used EPGY and liked it overall, but we haven't tried any of the others (yet). EPGY is kind of expensive compared to some of the others but is not tied to a schedule (except that for the courses we've taken you have to start at the beginning of the month, which is a little odd considering the following). You pay a registration fee (~$35) and then can pay by the quarter (~500 right now, for 3 months) and can keep working on the course until you finish--if you aren't done by the end of the quarter, you can pay for another and keep going. If you finish the course before the end of the quarter, you can start the next course right away even if it isn't the beginning of the month--which is why I don't get why they make you start the first one at the beginning of the month, but whatever. The only written stuff we've come across so far (except for what DD chooses to write down as notes) is there is (usually??) a practice final exam that you can print out. So it is done online except for that. We've found a few bugs here and there but nothing awful. We have to pay for the tutored version because we don't meet the requirements for the other versions, but haven't really used the tutor although they seem to be very available and helpful. I really like how it adjusts so that if you miss a certain number of questions in a particular topic, it can review the lecture and give you more problems to work out, but if you don't miss any it moves on more quickly. We had been trying to work through an algebra text together before that, but it took time for me to read ahead before we went through the material and plus the text kind of jumped around so I would have to explain a topic that they would get to later--kind of frustrating, and DD hated the repetition. But I think it might
be good to have more written problems--maybe we'll check out Singapore math in the future.

Last edited by Dbat; 09/26/12 09:29 AM. Reason: clarification, as always