I'm so sorry. Are you in NJ? My 2 kids were exceptionally gifted for years until we moved here a few months ago. Now they are not even 'highly able,' and I too have been asked to leave the premises of the school on occasion. The principal told me that NJ is just more rigorous than the rest of the country (we came from the backwater of a Chicago private gifted school). I'm going to get the book recommended by deacongirl so I can keep up the facade for my kids that all is well while we continue what has turned into months of very expensive litigation while we explain what 'multiple measures' and 'ongoing assessment' means. It is hard to explain the nuances of the law to those who think most students are above average for the district. They told me that 'labels don't matter,' ie, that differentiated instruction is enough and I shouldn't worry about it, but it isn't; when a gifted child is bored and is denied services, school performance suffers. Unfortunately the work that the kid rejects and which isn't perfect is then used as Exhibit A for why the kid isn't gifted. Plus my oldest has started describing herself as a big flunkie and a dummie now that she's not in the top program.
I scream every day.
Good luck.