I would really appreciate any advice! My DS is 9 1/2 in fourth grade. His school/district does not have a gifted program. In first grade we did outside testing which did 2 nationally accepted standardized IQ tests and he tested in superior gifted range (I have the report but don't need to go into details yet). His previous school (K-2) didn't do much for him enrichment wise, just put him in the advanced math class which is really two classes of twenty kids each, working at a faster pace. He's always been in advanced math (the kids take a pre-test for each unit; Everyday Math is used). A few days ago he came home and said for the first time ever, he's not in extended math. He said it was way too easy for him, that the teacher asked what is 12 minus 7 and no one raised their hands. He was very upset. That same day he told me his teacher is very nice but that she doesn't like him. He said he has been getting in trouble all the time, that he's been blurting out stuff, sometimes criticizing other's kids' responses because he wants to show her that he is smart (though this has just been annoying her, the opp of his intent.) Anyway, the next day after he spoke to me my husband and I dropped by the principal's office because we were upset and my DH happened to be home during the day b/c he had just come home from a business trip. The principal said he could talk just for a few minutes and we should meet next week. But we started talking, kind of heatedly, we didn't even sit down, and the principal said he trusted his team, that the school did really well with the ISATs so they are doing something right. My DH said something like "that doesn't help the needs of a gifted child." The principal said, "Every child in this school is gifted." Both my DH and myself got upset, and started questioning that statement. The principal said he never changes a child's placement. I then questioned him, saying that he changed the teacher placement of a child at a parent's request (and named the parent) this year. He then said, "Is that what this is about? Get out of my office. This meeting is over." Then he sent an email saying I couldn't meet with the teacher Monday morning as I'd planned, not without him, so we now have a meeting planned for Tuesday, in a few days. The meeting was out of control. But I want to get back to a place where I'm advocating for my child, if that is at all possible. In the meantime, I've always felt that the advanced math class is not challenging enough for my child, but he has enjoyed being in it. Now to find that the one enrichment that has been offered is off the table for this unit, is upsetting. (He made 3-4 mistakes on the pre-test, which they will show me on Tuesday). Any advice???? Math is my DS' strongest area, always been his favorite subject. Also, since school started DS has been saying things like, "My life is a fail." And, "I'm not good at anything." TIA!