well it is not like khan academy, which is an excellent explanation of math ideas, but intended to remain as simple as possible, accessible to essentially anyone.

epsilon camp is oriented to to the very strongest math types. I tried to be as clear as the lectures on khan academy (within my ability), but i did not need to assume as consistently that the students did not know anything. I was face to face with these brilliant kids and thus could see how I needed to ramp it up. One day after starting, I realized just what i was dealing with in terms of ability, and shifted gears accordingly.

so i guess i am saying epsilon camp was on the level appropriate to the students in attendance, which was very very high. as i said above, epsilon camp is like upper level undergraduate school, but for children.

i would like to hear from attendees from 2012. my own information is that the camp was even more successful than the previous year, which makes me ecstatic. best wishes to all, and i still invite every camper to contact me for advice or tutorial in math as long as you/I live. do not feel bad if you have no time to do this as i know you are the cream de la cream who are in everyone's sights, and have many commitments,

best regards,

Roy

Last edited by mathwonk; 09/22/12 08:57 PM.