The kids played soccer or frisbee during the breaks between classes. Some parents took their kids hiking to the nearby Garden of the Gods during the lunch break. One day we went rafting as a group. Some kids played Dominion or other board/card games during the evening. For my son, after dinner he needed time away from everyone. We weren't able to participate in the office hours, but we did attend a couple of movie nights.

The parent seminars talked about gifted kids in general and also specifically how to find outside resources for your math kid. A lot of info came from parents themselves about how they found mentors, which online math programs they had used, which tests/competitions were available, and other summer math opportunities. The formal-ish parent class was in the morning and the afternoon was set aside for informal discussion.

I attended almost every parent meeting, because I felt like I had to get every single bit of help I could. That is not true for everyone. Most parents really knew what they were doing with their math kids. I felt alone in my floundering!! Several people worked during camp hours.

As for accommodations, there is a dorm on campus with single beds and a full kitchen. You can be on the campus meal plan and never use the kitchen. Some people stayed in a motel instead of the dorm. If you are on campus, everything is within walking distance. People set up carpools for lunch hiking trips or grocery shopping.