Hi all-- my DD3 started her new bilingual preschool last week. She hates parental separations. She's been crying/screaming when dropped off at school (I'll miss you Mommy stuff). She did this last year at her other, beloved, preschool and then improved with it (separation was still sometimes hard for her throughout the year) and had a great year (including on days she cried at dropoff).

She says that she loves her new school, loves her new teachers, loves the other kids (she's very social), and when I pick her up she never wants to leave (usually pitches another fit when I try to take her home!), hugs the teachers, etc, already was invited to a playdate, kids like her. Teachers say she's a very happy kid, very vocal/participatory and interested in everything/doesn't miss anything going on (she already knows the stuff they do in circle time, but is VERY interested in the other kids bc social, so watches them instead). She's thrilled school is in Spanish. So far, I don't think it's the school, I think it's just her intensity.

She did weeks of pretend play separations with her stuffed animals and dolls prior to starting the new school and we've talked about it ENDLESSLY-- she gets it. When she's red faced and crying she'll sob "mommy will be back." It's just her emotions are so big. She's also tired bc she's refusing to nap at school.

It's just SO HARD to have the only kid that screams when dropped off (and she's SO LOUD). I leave and then she's happy and playing. I'm just SO TIRED of having other parents look at me with (I perceive) pity. The intensities are just exhausting with her. I should probably count my blessings that she's social/sunny disposition, but she just killed me this morning with her red-faced screaming fit, and in front of another parent from my Mom's group where my DD was a sensitive (screaming) mess as a newborn smile. Ugh.

Any support/suggestions would be appreciated. smile