Originally Posted by polarbear
BTW, Zen Scanner - I think I've conversed with marytheres about this before, but fwiw my older dd has had severe double vision due to muscle weakness, and for her vision therapy was very successful. The reason I mention her here is that you mentioned shutting one eye to help - we learned that our dd's brain actually shut off the eyesight in one of her eyes subconsciously in order to help her get around having double vision - we could usually tell when it was shut off (once we knew) because she tilted her head to read etc. Just a thought, but if your ds has some of the same visual challenges you do, his brain might be switching one eye off without him realizing it. This significantly limits peripheral vision and I think it led to my dd being somewhat clumsy.

Yes apparently my DS does this too - starts shutting off one eye.

His tracking has improved already - both I and his OT have noticed it.... plus the VT does assesments every so many weeks so they noticed it too but it's nice to notice it on my own... and for others to notice it. Like today his OT said how she cpuld see him getting so much better at the tracking stuff they do.

Last edited by marytheres; 08/23/12 01:08 PM.