It looks like maybe you left out part of a sentence here:
- Typing and emailing assignments - where this was possible, He did not have difficulty dealing with zeros from lost or missing assignments.
I think that this needs to be closer in space to the statement that he can look right at his completed homework and not "see" it, or you're not going to get understanding.

I also think that "if you ask (our kid) to give you his opinion about an assignment," should be something like "a passage of reading" instead of "an assignment" - something more concrete will be easier to understand, even though it's a history teacher or a math teacher instead of his English teacher. Actually, that whole paragraph reads like, "if you want to give him a bullshit assignment, don't be surprised when he calls it bullshit." I think you need to be a little more diplomatic about it. I would amend to
Giving vague instructions when specific results are needed. For example, if you ask (our kid) to give you his opinion about a reading passage, he simply tell you "it was OK," or "it sucked," because he is literal and will believe this is what you want. If what you really want is for him to support his opinion in a way that shows that he read and understood the passage, it is best to let him know that explicitly.

Overall, I think this is a very good letter. I hope these suggestions help!