I wrote one for a meeting with DS' 6th grade team in the first person, so I "was" DS introducing myself to them (but made it clear when I sent it that I was the author.)

The first paragraph was an overview of DS' personality ("Hi, my name is . . .I am a sweet-tempered, sensitive kid who wants to do well in school.") Then I told them about DS' testing and diagnosis, giving non-clinical descriptions and real world examples of how the testing results apply in the classroom ("My strongest area is non-verbal intelligence . . . I think outside the box . . Last year I did my book report with Lego stop animation. I wrote my story about the Alamo from Santa Anna's perspective.")

I discussed both DS' LDs and how they affect DS in class("Handwriting is not automatic for me. I have to think about each letter as I write it. Copying from the board is actually painful and an extreme struggle.")

I had an explanation for how DS' LDs affect him outside of school, how he had to cut out all his extracurriculars to cope with homework, how homework takes him twice as long and he is drained most nights.

I would it up with learning style ("I think in pictures not in words. I am great with abstract concepts and problem solving. I can remember what I hear better than what I read. I can spot patterns and relationships and see the big picture.")

I was worried the teachers would think it was gimmicky but they really seemed to like it. I wanted them to really get a glimpse of how hard it is to be 2e and how hard my DS works to get the grades he wants. I think the first person makes his struggles more real and immediate for him than "My son is very smart. He is tired at night" etc. etc.

DS' tester was at the meeting and she was over the moon about this intro letter. She said it made her tear up to read it and really made her think about why she does what she does.
Good luck!