Originally Posted by OHGrandma
So, what do you do with artistic kids?

Art is one of my dd's interests for which I have to find others to guide her since I am totally ignorant and completely void of talent in that area.

I recommend asking around to find a good art teacher. I received a wonderful recommendation from another mom of a gifted child. Also look at local universities, art museums, and art galleries/alliances for camps and classes.

My dd has taken two different types of art classes. From the art teacher I mentioned above she takes a drawing class. She also takes an art class through the local university which explores art in different cultures and through different mediums.

Your public library may have a few drawing books in the children's section as a starting point. Kidpix is a good children's graphics program if your gs likes computers. I purchased a copy from one of those $.99 software sites. My dd has also recently enjoyed a book entitled "Art Fraud Detective" from Mindware. Yesterday I found some interesting books and card sets on this site when I was looking up Ed Zaccaro information. I think my dd may get some of those for her birthday.

http://www.challengemath.com/products/category.asp?QueryLoad=1&category=Art%20History

One of the pluses of having a child around who is a good artist is that you get some great pieces to hang on the refrigerator.

Summer