My oldest wasn't coordinated but found she loved climbing - and still does as an adult. My older son was much more athletic and tried out several sports, although he focused on climbing, tennis and baseball. The youngest has a fine motor coordination disorder and loves climbing, running and swimming.

We have the same rule - actively participate in one sport, one musical instrument and one stretch your comfort zone class.

What I found worked best was to allow my kids to try out different sports without feeling the pressure to continue. Most kids will try things one time, and by exploring a multitude of options, they often find something they like enough to try again. The goal for me was to just have them active - not get a sports scholarship, so I didn't really care how good they were - just that they enjoyed it enough to be intrinsically motivated.

My two oldest were very serious about climbing, and then the struggle was how much to support their drive and how much to worry about them getting too intense, but that's another story. The point is that if you let her find her passion, she'll start driving that boat instead of resisting even taking off from shore. Good luck!