I have mentioned before about my 6 yo dd's behavior and how she is emotional intense. She has been this way for awhile now but lately it seems worse, or perhaps it's because I realize she is nearly 6 1/2 now and shouldn't be throwing fits/temper tantrums 10 times a day.

How many of you also have this problem? What types of triggers have you noticed cause this behavior? What have you found to be successful to deal with the behavior?

For my 6 yo dd it seems to be a problem with lack of control. Whenever something doesn't seem to go how she wants it she loses it. Usually when it comes to play with either her friends or her older sister. She will storm off to her room where she will cry and kick the door. After the initial anger has worn off she will literally stay in her room for hours until the friends/or her sister give in to what she wants. In the past, due to concern about her spending too much time in her room, I have encouraged her to come out and do an activity with me (she will still be mad at whoever upset her). She doesn't seem to be able to communicate her feelings very well and can't handle not having control of the play.