Hi,

thanks a lot for your comments smile

About the pre-testing, I was thinking of asking the teacher the detailed curriculum goals and see how much DD knows already in Spanish. I have a good idea of the general goal and I think DD could be done by the end of this academic year. If that is the case I will start to push for acceleration. Maybe she could start with one or two days in the next group (ages 6 to 9). The school goes up to 11 years old but I do not think they will take material from another classroom. The would 'upset the system'. Dutch people, as nice as they are, are a little bit fanatic with 'order' and 'regularity' and 'fiting in'...

But something (gut feeling?) tells me that despite the good intentions of the teacher, DD is going to learn more at home with me than at the school.

About helping in the classroom... alas is not possible since I speak very little Dutch... Actually, I never thought that the language would be a barrier for me!
This is one of the reasons why I start to think that maybe an English school would be better.... ok, back to present, she has to finish this year and then we will see.

Next month we are going to see an orthopedadogue and she will test DD again. Hopefully this time the test will reflect better the intellectual capacity of DD...
(her 'official' IQ is somewhere btw 120 and 137 but she had a mental age of at least 6.5 yr old at 3.75 yr old - something does not compute here to me)

And, of course, please 'steal' as many points as you need smile