I've been unable to find anything about it here either, but if you Google it, they are quite a few articles. From what I've read, they're actually a "subset of gifted learners." There's also a pretty good book about them: http://www.amazon.com/Some-Best-Friends-Are-Books/dp/0910707960

I don't believe my tester was a "gifted expert," but he had over 30 years experience, and especially seeing as everything else he said in the report is right on the money, I see no reason not to take his word for it.

You're right; it doesn't help me understand myself better, but I do feel like it explains my situation and the things I've gone through.

Honestly, I just came on this forum to get thoughts on my diagnosis. That's it. I'm not trying to be argumentative or stubborn or anything; I appreciate everyone's time a lot and I'm grateful for the advice.

Thanks!

Oh, and in the report, he also called reading a talent of mine, in addition to the "gifted reader" thing. Maybe that helps? As in, maybe I scored in the gifted range because of my talent?