Originally Posted by ReaderGirl
I know; I've done boatloads of research.

Honestly, all I know is that my parents don't read and I've never been in an environment that encouraged it, yet I was reading before K and reading on nearly a 7th grade level in 4th with full comprehension.

If the psych says I'm gifted in reading and writing, shouldn't I trust his professional opinion?
I've never, before this thread, ever heard anyone referred to as a gifted reader. If your tester was a gifted expert, and/or you simply want to feel good about someone referring to you as gifted, then I'd go right ahead. It doesn't really matter, does it?

I still think you are focusing too much on the gifted label. You are the same person whether or not someone has referred to you as gifted, unless that matters for acceptance to a program. Merely feeling more confident that your tester had some basis for the "gifted" label doesn't really help you to understand yourself better, or change your life in any way.

Personally, if someone were advanced a bit in reading but showed no other signs of giftedness, I would not tend to call them gifted, but rather a "strong reader".

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick