Hi, everyone
Looking for some advice from some of you who have traveled this path.
My daughter was tested by WPPSI-III at age of five, and had IQ of 144.Lowest score was processing speed (122).
Now a rising fifth grader, who has atrocious spelling. C- student. Still reversing B and D (own name starts with B). Cannot consistently use conventions such a capitalization, periods, apostrophes, and commas. One of the examples of her work that caused particular concern: "setens" for "systems". A few more: "one" for "on". "fier" for "fire". "missippi" for "Mississippi". I could go on, but you get the message.
Also: omits, alters, and adds small words when reading aloud, like the, an, on, there, etc.

My index of suspicion for dyslexia is very high. Though she was screened for this in third grade, but it didn't pick it up.

So, has anyone been thru anything similar? She is scheduled for a full assessment by educational psychologist, so I am waiting for that. IQ test will be repeated.

Have any of you had children who have been tested twice? Where the scores close? Anyone have a gifted child who later turned out to be dyslexic? Thoughts? Advice?