"I have been invited to speak at this year's Asia Pacific Conference on Giftedness, and will be presenting three papers on the topic of "nurturing giftedness in alternative learning environments". One paper involves a survey on gifted children's experience of academic extracurricular programs. It is designed to be taken by children, parents, and activity leaders/teachers. It is completely anonymous unless you choose to give your name, and takes about fifteen minutes"

the questions sound like sociology qualitative research preliminary data gathering to me.
I really dont understand all the criticism of the OP. Everyone here is constantly complaining about lack of research on their kids. When someone is starting out to do something interesting and asks for help All i see is criticism because its not quantatative hypothesis driven research. It may not be the study you would do, it may not be ready to publish in Nature but its a start. if you can do a better study, then do one. but please stop harping on this poor researcher. S/he is probably chased off for good with all the non constructive criticsm. I was hoping they would come back and share some results, but in their place, I would be afraid to reveal anything to this lot of criticism.