Sharon, thank you for the post. He does meet the criteria in one area on the wisc iv, verbal he got an overall 146 once the psychologist redid it with extended norms on one test. I did see the FAQ, I was really looking for ideas, I was coming up with blanks.

I have found that several high school chemistry II classes/ap chem (he is in 5th for another week so high school should be high enough) have assigned the book he is reading and have set assignments on it online. I have read through a couple and think he could answer the assignment. How about that? Also maybe video him reading a passage he enjoys about it.

ABQmom, I agree, I have said all along that he expends so much energy just being in the environment at school that he just gets tired. Usually his behaviour goes downhill towards the end of the year as he is getting more worn out. This goes beyond that though, he is slow to make decisions about things he likes to do, he is slow choosing between strawberry and vanilla ice-cream (as in he would take five minutes if we let him) he is extremely slow eating, even stuff he loves, putting on his shoes... anything really. He has his physical this summer, I think I will mention it to his paed. Thank you.

Last edited by Bee; 06/05/12 07:59 AM.