Just be certain that the school will accept private testing. Perhaps they will since it sounds like they don't do their own testing. What testing did they do to admit your daughter to the accelerated math? Our district does not tie math to the gifted program, but uses ERB and Iowa tests to determine math placement.

Our district had a period of time where they let a lot of kids in the gifted program through various means (and most were deserving/saw benefits from the program). Then they realized that almost 25% of one grade was in the program, and there is little or no funding from the state to support the program.

By the time my kids went through the process in 7th grade to be labeled as "gifted" (so they could take certain courses in HS), the district had structured the process to be long and complex, and only accepted IQ testing by their own staff or consultants. They made you fill out tons of paperwork, gave the kids pre-tests and then suggested you stop the process since the kid did not do well on the pre-test. While I wasn't there during the actual IQ test, I suspect that the testers were not very encouraging or supportive.

Despite that - and despite the fact that my kids do not fit my definition of gifted - they tested over 130 FSIQ which got them the "label" so they could take the HS courses. Just be certain you understand what testing they will accept, because if it is done privately, and then they do not accept it, that particular test cannot be re-administered for a period of time (typically a year).