The coordinator called me and was referring to their, the gifted coordinator, early entrance person, early childhood screening person and K teachers perception of his needs based on assessment, screenings and meeting him. He is very intense. If I decide to still bring him they will take him and try to come up with a plan. I just don't know what it will be or if the teachers available right now in Kindergarten would be flexible enough to make things work. It sounds like they would not be. I have not asked for anything at this point.

After thinking about it we would like to have him start 1st grade with a teacher we know if she was open to it, This will be a hard sell, he comes across as very young and very cute. Maybe we can pick him up halfway through the day to home school as I am concerned a full day might be hard on him and the teacher. But maybe he would do okay all day.

I am just trying to figure out how to compose my requests when I do go to talk to the school, and I am nervous about the whole thing. I could also keep him home again but then we would just have the same problem next year and my littlest DD3.5 would be starting K too. Lucky for her B-day is very late Aug so I would have to advocate for two at the same time entering school plus DD7 as there are a lot of changes that will be happening in her program next year.

I am just feeling overwhelmed. I am just beginning the process of applying for young scholars for DD7 but the only test scores we have are through the school so I am at their mercy to find and send what they have to Davidson. Also DS5 has not had full scale testing although his initial assessment put him in the 99.99% range. I know this public school would do full testing at some point. A lot of the services they have we would not have access to on our own and we can not afford private testing so I really need to make things work at this school. This public school also has a program for HG kids which we will probably need for our other kids. They are suppose to be 7 to start that although my DD was 6 when she started. It has been a good fit for her so far and has potential to work for the other kids, but they have to make it to second grade and get tested through the school first.