This topic just came up on the homeschooling board last week.  One regular poster regular sounding mom admitted her son was actually a  psychopath but that doesn't really mean that he has to grow up to be a violent criminal.  Apparently not all psychopaths are violent (google non-violent psychopaths). My google fu has told me just this week the kid in the article could have been diagnosed the more prevalent ADHD from the slamming things and being out of control, but  what makes the thing that made the difference was that he was both "out of control" and able to control and delay it.  The person a true psycho-path is being "cold blooded" rather than "hot headed" not necessarily good or bad behavior or even good or bad intentions.  Just last week I assumed some vague knowledge of what a psychopath was and now that stereotype bubble has burst.  I do feel sorry for the family that nothing they're doing is working and that the label won't get them any help or even much compassion.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar