We have been there only for a few months and it has been priceless. I got to meet real life people with similar kids and similar problems. People who know what I am talking about. You don't have to censor yourself, you don't sound like a crazy parent there. We got together with a few local YS families, which is beyond great for both DS5 and me.

Living with PG kid can be isolating. I felt very lonely before that and all of the sudden I keep meeting more and more families with gifted kids (not necessarily YS kids). One thing leads to another. It's really changed my life. Don't get me wrong, both I and my son had lots of friends even before, but not the kind of friends who would really understand. KWIM?

You get lots of support and information from this board and most likely your 99.9% son will fit right in. You won't get to talk to the people in person though, your son won't get to play with their kids. It makes a huge difference, not to mention that this is a public board and you need to watch for that as well.

There is also Davidson's support and experience, they have that. It's helpful to talk to an outsider who understands your problems. They also offer mentoring, which we don't use right now, but it may come really handy a few years down the road.

I say if you have the numbers go for it. The application is long, but you only have to fill it out once and then you are set till he is 18. The service is free and you can use only what fits you.

Good luck

LMom