Warning...this is a bit long but hopefully you'll find something in it to help!

I hope you got some percentile ranks with your data as well, or it's coming. I think that helps interpret the scores.

When my DD was tested at age 5 w/ KABC and KTEA the tester recommended someone in their group ("a perfect match") for the behavioral stuff, with the assumption that it would work hand in hand with the curriculum adjustments, which we were advised we would need a paid advocate to help us out with (come to meetings, prepare, phone calls etc.) based on the history so far with the school and how they were acting.

Unfortunately the fee was $125-$175/hr and we paid so much for the testing/meetings to get the data in the first place. Since she was only in K and the whole thing was just taking so long and she was doing poorly, we just took her out. But I'll try to give you some ideas of what's helping with my DD.

Since your DS is older (my DD is 8 now but she was only 5 then...these are some things I’d advise based on what I’ve tried with my DD):

-Help DS to learn to monitor his thinking and actions using self-regulations.

I don’t know what the self-regulations would be specifically (I really need plainer language!) but just getting him to be more aware, develop a code language or something to remind him if you see him “elevating” (so he doesn’t get embarrassed in front of people) or just when he’s done something not considered appropriate, trying to get him to stop and think about it as soon as possible when it’s fresh in his mind, or if he needs time come back and talk about it? I think the more they can become aware of "Why" they did something, what was on their mind at the time, etc., and work with that...the better off they'll be in the long term.

-Help DS to recognize anger-producing situations (triggers) and his response to these situations.

At age 8 he probably has a pretty clear track record that he might even realize himself, so I guess writing it down, having him draw pictures, talking about it, to continue to strengthen his awareness? And when he's expecting to be in a situation like this, talk to him or role play about what he can try to make it better.

SENG had a nice webinar where they made an analogy to a child’s anxiety to a “monster” that was a bully inside the child and the child had to learn when the bully was coming out, the signs (rapid heart beat, feeling hot, whatever it is with the child when his anger is starting to rise...) and to use imagination/cognitive ideas to try and “slay the monster” before it gets out of hand

-Prove DS with positive feedback which indicates he is successful, competent, important, and valuable.

I don’t know what “prove” means but this might mean compliments, rewards, making sure he has plenty of activities that he “shines” at to counteract his challenges?

-Have DS record his progress to show tangible evidence of his success.

He could do this in a journal or chart or tally marks, at his age I’d ask him what he prefers.

It think it's important that they realize they don't have to be stuck in this mode forever. One of the problems with school is that they kind of get the class role or the older they get the more they are convinced it's too hard for them to improve with these things. I just tell my DD that she CAN do it, even though it's hard, and remind her that there are kids in her class that have a reading tutor but they are pretty calm, so everyone has things they are better at and things that they find more challenging.

With my DD I’m trying, as much as possible, to talk about all this stuff in the context of her whole person/package, not just make it a big spotlight on her challenges. Also I talk about my challenges also, sometimes from past experiences or when I was a kid, or sometimes when it’s happening. lately we’ve been talking about how people say certain things and another person might interpret it one way and you are thinking it’s something else. It’s all about language and how people hear your, and maybe what they’re thinking or feeling at the moment also counts. (They have some ownership in it also).

DD is pretty analytical so I try to really break it down. It’s actually pretty educational for me, also.

It’s really helping on the playground, where she seems to be improving with calmly telling kids she won’t play with them if they don’t treat her well, and today she told her friend very clearly that this certain boy telling him he was both dumb and stupid was WRONG and mean and that he shouldn’t listen. She did it all without screeching or crying. The boy who said the dumb/stupid thing was really trying hard for about 20 minutes to get DD and her friend riled up but he was pretty disappointed today.

It’s so hard for kids like this, but I do see improvement.