DD8 has been having lots of trouble with this particular teacher (and *hates* her--long story, but we had gotten great results just from having DD report to the other teacher in the room--but she's out this week). Today somebody 'trashed' the bathroom (threw toilet paper all around) and DD got blamed. I don't think she did it (she says she didn't) but I am not sure. Anyway the teacher, who also must not have been sure, got her to confess (under duress), so the consequences were to clean it up (fine) but also to write out 25 times "I will not trash the bathroom." I would agree that a further consequence was reasonable, and this isn't a ton of writing, but it seems like an inappropriate consequence for a kid whose evaluation by the school-affiliated psychologist included a diagnosis of dysgraphia (not in so many words, but) and a recommendation that her fine motor weaknesses be accommodated by shortening written work assignments, avoiding drill work which involves copying, using word processing, voice recognition, etc. But as far as I can tell it's 'slow' dysgraphia (my term), where she takes longer to write but it looks okay when she's done. So the question is, is handwriting an appropriate consequence when a kid is supposed to get handwriting accommodations, or should it be avoided by a conscientious educator? I am just wondering whether I should point this out to the administration if we have to talk to them again this year (and I am so glad school is almost over!!).