Hello,

We recently found out that our daughter Gabriella, 6, is profoundly gifted. Her GAI is 154. The Educational Psychologist felt that Davidson would be an ideal fit for her and for us as far as support. She attends a private independent school and will now do a full grade skip.
I am filling out the application but I feel a little overwhelmed. I want to make sure that I fill everything out sufficiently but she is 6. Would a video of her reading out loud and comprehension discussions be enough for the portfolio section? Her grade level assessment is at a 4th grade level in Reading and Reading Comprehension. She is highly capable in Math and Science and has a photographic memory. I really don't want to have her tested again. She is very skeptical of testing and I just think we've done enough for now. The psychologist made it sound that based on her scores she would be accepted.

Anyone else feel overwhelmed by filling out the application for such a young child? Any ideas on what to provide for the portfolio. She is in Kindergarten but will be grade skipping and starting in 2nd in the Fall 2012.

Thanks in advance!!