ASH, each of my kids has taken the WJ-III Cognitive Abilities test. Were you given scores for the Cog battery along with the "very superior" etc descriptions? The reports I have list a set of descriptive terms such as "average, high average, superior, very superior" to group scores - Very Superior can mean any score from 131 to the test limit.

You should also get a "GIA" # from the WJ-III Cog Abilities test that is similar to FSIQ on the WISC.

There is a standard report form for the WJ-III that you should be able to get from your tester that lists all subtests and groupings of test by category, and includes (for each) things like Standardized Score, Percentile, Grade Equivalent etc. I don't think you should need to redo the WISC unless there is a program that you're trying to get your child into that requires it. We have both the WISC and WJ-III for our 2e ds12 - he scored slightly higher on the WJ-III but hit hard ceilings on the WISC.

It's jmo, but I have found that overall the information I got out of the WJ-III Cognitive battery, particularly when combined with the achievement sections, gave me a better understanding of how my kid's brains work and how they learn best.... but otoh, two of my three kids are 2e and the non-2e child has her own set of challenges. I'd guess from your ds' achievement scores that there are no concerns about 2e!

Best wishes,

polarbear