My daughter took the WISC when she was almost 12.6 yrs old. She hit ceilings in 6 of the 10 subsets. Some of those ceilings were as low as 12 in the subset. She never met discontinuation criteria. I think that means that she ran out of questions to be asked. I think I have read that for these kids who score high that you have to test them between 6 -8 to leave enough headroom so as not to ceiling. That is what I meant that your kiddo was "Old" for the test. The first time my kiddo was tested, she also hit ceilings but we were never informed of the limitation in the test. It was not until we had someone familiar with gifted issues look at the test results and inform us that there were ceiling scores. The other piece of information you could inquire about is if the 145 is in the confidence interval and see if DYS would accept that. I am not sure how you can determine if your scores are ceilings or not. The way I know is our second tester told us for both tests. Looking at her WISC score sheet I can not see anything that indicates ceiling other than the testers stars. Hope that helps.