I just received an quick confirmation e-mail from the Asst. principal at the public school DS5 might be attending next year. I e-mail her last week to remind her of a phone conversation we had back in January for my son to possibly skip K in the fall and begin in 1st grade. I also included copies of the IQ and cognitive testing that we had done.

On Monday I will taking my son to register for K at the school. He is supposed to meet with the Asst. principal (which was confirmed in the e-mail). She will give us a personal tour and talk about the options. I am suddenly very nervous. What if this face to face meeting goes poorly (and she says that he must attend the half day K that they offer)? What if DS acts shy (which usually isn't his problem)? Any advice for other things I should bring along to the meeting. For those of you who tried acceleration from a school that didn't already know your child were you successful? If you were, what did you bring or say that might have influenced your success?

I really wish I had timed everything better and we knew if DS was a DYS already.

Last edited by crisc; 03/25/08 08:29 AM.

Crisc