Originally Posted by Dude
I'm from a planet where people know how to read numbers, because:

"7 percent of all black test takers were from families with incomes of more than $100,000. The comparable figure for white test takers is 27 percent."

I was referring to the sports comment you made.

If you know numbers, then you know a handful of well compensated athletes are just noise in the numbers.

The the vast majority black kids doing well are the children of black professionals or stable black families in good school districts. The rest are smart kids who lucked into a high paying field. The latter tend to have personality issues - see below.

In some jobs, yes, but what the article says is that the smarter people who also have those five attributes will perform better, and those who are not quite as smart but also have those five attributes will do better than someone smarter who does not.

I do not agree.

As someone who manages a lot of abrasive and quirky people in a very intellectual field, I prefer abrasive know-it-alls (if they truly do know it all ) because they can get things done.

I can coach the skills part, but past teaching my cookbook methods, I cannot teach intrinsic reasoning ability.