Originally Posted by annette
So, dyspraxia looks different in each person, you know?
Like many conditions, the symptoms vary, but the underlying neurology is the same.

Ditto! FWIW, my ds has dyspraxia, but is also a very people-oriented and extroverted person. He has some struggles in social situations but not enough for anyone to really notice.

Our neuropsych has a diagram that was helpful to me as we went went through the process of understanding our ds' diagnosis - I think there's a copy of it somewhere online. It has three intersecting circles - basically a Venn diagram showing the overlap and division of symptoms of disorders in the autism spectrum vs disorders similar to dyspraxia vs (I think) psychiatric disorders. There are many shared symptoms! That's why it's so important to have a thorough eval by a competent professional that you trust is seeing your whole child.

I've gotta run drop my kids off at school but will come back later and fill in where my ds fits under the list of symptoms above. To be honest, it seems like a broader list than I usually see for dyspraxia, so I'm curious where you found it?

Best wishes,

polarbear