You may remember that in the spring, early summer I had had a discussion with the middle school principal at my school about DD8 being radically accelerated into 6th grade for the gt English class, art and possibly science and he was very supportive and knew all of the research etc etc etc. When push came to shove however nothing was ever done and DD was not allowed to do this, so we decided to homeschool her.

Well, DH has been doing a pretty good job home schooling her and getting her set up with the middle school GT English teacher from my school to mentor her once a week and the high school art teacher to do the same.

We asked again before Christmas break about her being able to be enrolled 1/2 time in these three classes again and were again told no. This time we were told it was the guidance dept. and ed psych that said no - "she's too young" was the argument frown.

Fast forward to yesterday: The middle school principle came and found me yesterday and told me that DD8 will be able to go into gr6 starting Monday (the beginning of 2nd semester) in the three classes above!! shocked Apparently the head of school pushed the issue because she finally realized that if we couldn't find a solution for an appropriate education for DDs then we would have to move to somewhere we could and then she would have to find another physics teacher (something that is hard to come by.)

So, as of yesterday DD8 is officially a 6th grader with partial enrollment at my school! We are so excited. She is a bit nervous, as are we, but mostly just excited about the opportunity for her to finally be challenged. I know the three teachers and they are all really good, and will be good fits for her.

I'll keep you all updated as things go along.