He hasn't had any IEP or 504 with the school. Up to this point we've always just worked with his teacher. Shortly before the holiday break she basically told us she was done trying to work with him and was just going to strictly follow the rule book... and here we are. I'm pretty annoyed/angry with her, but at the same time I can kind of understand. She's got 22 kids in her class, and she cannot spend any significant part of the day dealing with a single child.

The counselor at his school is pretty lame, sadly. We've spoken with her before, and she's super nice and clearly cares about our son (and all the kids) but I'm not sure she really has much experience dealing with kids with behavior problems.

The husband took DS into the psychiatrist we've been taking him to and he recommended a place that does full-on evaluations. We'll take DS there every day for 2 weeks instead of school. He'll have class there and will be monitored and evaluated during and also some sort of testing outside of that. We go tomorrow to talk to them and see what the deal is.

I'm emotionally all over the place right now. On one hand I want to rage and scream and insist there's nothing that wrong with DS, and yet at the same time I know in my head that there IS something wrong with DS, and I'm a little relieved he's going to get evaluated.

ETA: Off to look for that Xanex!

Last edited by epoh; 01/19/12 01:31 PM.

~amy