I'll add our data to the pool, but will give a caveat - our ds was later in life (age 10) diagnosed with an expressive language disorder, and also has severe dysgraphia/possible stealth dyslexia and a few other acronyms smile DS12 did not have *any* words at 12 months, no words at 24 months either. At the time I just believed he was on the low end of a very wide spectrum and didn't realize it as anything either unusual or anything to worry about. DS did sign with us, although his signing vocabulary was limited by the small amount of signs his parents had time to learn lol. When he was around 3, he all of a sudden started talking, and when he did start talking, it was in long complicated sentences expressing deep thoughts and was a little bit like talking to a college professor most of the time, the kind of talk that made adults who didn't know him drop their mouths open when he talked to them.

Our dds were both adopted internationally (dd9, MG, adopted at 15 months, dd7, possibly HG? definitely high achiever, adopted at 11 months). Both had never heard English spoken until coming home with us. DD9 started talking at around 20 months and it was a combo of her native language and English, and her language was somewhat slow to develop. DD7 began understanding English within weeks of being home at 11 months, and by 13 months was speaking simple 2-word phrases. I don't have a count of how many words she had at any given point in time because... she's my third child... laugh

polarbear