Thanks, everyone. I checked on the score differences and there were between 18-32 points on subtests that involved reading and decoding (WIAT and projected WIAT). As you said, Dottie, we have to apply a common sense approach. I don't know if this would have been red-tagged if DD had been learning in English all along.

Thanks for the link, Lorel. It's interesting to see the different areas these tests assess. Maybe we should look at further testing using SBV or SBLM.

I'm struggling with DD's situation because I'm not sure what the scores say. The FSIQ and GAI don't give me a straight answer. Then I have the immersion program to factor in which I feel may depress her scores. I am advocating for more advanced math which the principal has agreed is necessary but we hit roadblocks (DD may miss Spanish vocab if goes too far ahead, doesn't have strong independent reading ability to work on ALEKS, etc). So we just don't know if we should ride it out, try out heterogeneous English classroom, or pursue a gifted program (and use the summer to work on English literacy).

Sorry for the rambling, we feel we're at the crossroads for some big decisions but don't really know what action to take. Sometimes I just want to put it all away and not think about it but then something happens that make me wonder about it all over again!

TexasSummer, does your program teach English literacy at the onset? I believe ours doesn't start until 2nd-3rd grade. DD6 decided in Jan that she wants to learn how to read and write English. We were told last year in K not to teach English reading skills or it may interfere with Spanish. The teacher now has said it's ok if we want to teach English at home. Until what grade does your program go?