Originally Posted by Grinity
LOL - my mom would scream and then hold her breath and turn blue at 6 months old if my gramma didn't shovel the food in fast enough. Lots of gifted folks, and not always the most unusually gifted ones, have this thing call overexcitabilities, called OEs for short. Apparently that's just the way some of us are wired.

FWIW, my mom did grow up to be a very determined woman, and not any sign of mental illness in her at all.

Usually when the child can communicate, they stop wailing over every little thing, but it's slow and takes time. Is he much of a talker? My son learned the babysign for more at daycare, and it helped him get his point accross.

Smiles,
Grinity

Your poor Gramma shoveling at lightening speed to abate the bluish-hue. smile

Fingers crossed there will be no mental illness w/ DS. One can hope.

That's the odd thing; his verbal skills are very good. However, DS2 still gets written up at school. It's not uncommon for DS's teachers to write home that DS2 is either "not using his nice hands with his friends" or "not using his listening ears with his teachers". That's not to say that all days are like this. On Friday one of his 2 teachers was gone and apparently DS was very helpful to the remaining teacher. >shrug<

Last edited by Ann; 03/15/08 09:44 PM.