As far as the crime rate goes, I am sure we'd have an increase but I am not concerned about finding a safe neighborhood in the other district. I think we'd be fine.

Interestingly, while our current district is very affluent...our particular elementary school is for sure below the district average (which is why we were able to find the cheapest house in the district here). So it may be that our specific school we see more of the "nice balance" of involved parents and then the working parents who just do not have as much time to be involved.

Even more interesting is that this PEGS program is house at the elementary school I went to as a child!! So, I am VERY familiar and comfortable with the school in general, but I would NOT be comfortable with the public middle or high school.

I did speak with a woman who has put 4 children through the program and they have gone onto the very pricey private school in the area. This school, which is quite small, and very well respected, is in the same area. She said thus far they have all been able to skip 6th and go on to 7th at the private school. TO me that speaks volumes about the program for the children to be able to skip a grade at such a great school.

I am sort of "stumped" but obviously have more homework to do on it. Just was wondering if anyone had a gut feeling on it, generally? But is seems to be the unknown for many of us! What to do!?!?!