It sounds like much more is going on than being gifted - do you think the evaluator you took your dd to previously understands that children can be intellectualy gifted plus have a disability all wrapped up in the same child? I am not sure that you're dd is too young for an Asperger's diagnosis, I have a friend who's child was diagnosed much younger than your dd. Have you thought about yet another eval or opinion? Do you need a diagnosis at this point in time - for yourself? For school?

I also have some skepticism about IQ tests on very young children - each of my two oldest kids had IQ tests when they were young. My older dd had her first IQ test at 4 when she was suffering from extreme anxiety. Her test came out quite high - a later test when she was in 2nd grade showed the same patterns in her subtest scores but the actual scores came in lower overall. Our ds, otoh, has had extremely consistent results each time he's had his IQ tested... but he has a disability tied to his processing speed, and when he had his first IQ test at 5 (for admission to a gifted program), that discrepancy showed up clearly and the evaluator shrugged it off as "he's just a slowpoke by nature" and it wasn't until two years later when ds was about to completely melt down from anxiety that a different professional, looking at the same pattern, saw that it was a red flag for a possible disability.

polarbear