(((HUGS))) I'm taking my DD8 out of her school today because we finally realize she is just not getting what she needs.

We have had a 3+ years of similar behaviors, except Butter's tend to be more self focused and she hates people in her space.

She was suspended yesterday for a similar incident as well! Her friend, Mr B (also gifted), who is of a sturdier build, often lets her "play rough" with him or abuse him a little bit. He told his mom that it makes her happy, so he lets her. That is so sad and touching at the same time, no? Mrs W, the teacher, removed a reward/consequence system we had in place the previous day, so we (me and Mr B's mom) wonder if Butter's behavior was related to that. She forced him off some play equipment and he hit his back on some poles on the way down frown Your story just sounds so similar! lol!

I'm curious, who gave the test that allowed you to go DYS in the first place? The school would never give us that, so I wonder if you have already been to a private tester? We are in the process...you need answers, information before you can really make a good decision and to do that, you need the complete picture that full testing will show. Also, an experienced psychologist should be able to guide you in whether it's gifted and bored vs gifted and "something else" or even just "really gifted". I also just finished reading Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis...(the full title is so long) and it had enabled me to see what might happen if I don't change this situation. I will be holding it in my hand while I talk to the principal this morning.

I think it's actually sort of positive that the psychologist (I'm assuming you mean the school's) says he's never seen such test results. Maybe you can help him with suggested reading and info on gifted kids. He might be open. But I also think you need someone who specializes in gifted kids. You can find one through Hoagie's.

I know for us, I am pulling my DD out of school this morning and will get the schoolwork for her to do at home until we decide on something else. We have testing starting next Tuesday, but she finally broke down and told me she didn't want to go back. After over 3 years there, I think she's qualified to make that call...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...