Your situation sounds similar in some ways to ours. Our oldest dd is HG with no major 2e issues. Dh has ADD and, I suspect, dyslexia. Dd11, the younger of our two, has been dx with ADD, inattentive type, and I still wonder about dyslexia. Her GAI on the WISC at age 7.5 was in the 99.9th percentile and her reading scores, while above grade level, never come close to matching that. At age 8.5 we had more private testing done and her reading comprehension was in the top quartile while her speed was in the bottom quartile.

What I see still (she's in 6th grade) is a child who doesn't like to read and who reads slowly. She also continues to be an erratic speller who spells the same word multiple different ways in the course of a single page.

When she was younger, she could sound out and read challenging words like "extrapolate" but frequently substituted words like "for" instead of "from," for example which made comprehension challenging. She also frequently lost her place on the page and would stop mid-sentence to insist that the sentence made no sense where it would have had she read the entire thing.

For us, it is hard to tease out whether it is just the ADD or whether there is something more there. We've had some success with supplements for ADD but we've not tried prescription medication.