Oh, that is so tough perplexed. I hope you get it figured out. FWIW, I think your approach makes sense. I was wondering, though, given your son's sensory issues, has the OT given you a sensory diet for him? If so, what effect does that have? I was just thinking that if his movement is from SPD rather than ADHD, then perhaps you can find a soothing sensory activity to do before tutoring or throughout the day that might have a similar effect to the Ritalin without the side effects? My DS8 is also in OT for fine motor delay and proprioceptive & vestibular issues. We are just in the first few weeks of it, though, so we are still experimenting ourselves with finding the right sensory diet for him.

In the other thread I posted, I was thinking about the boredom issue too, and whether gifted kids may seem to have ADHD because they are faced with more "boring" activities on a daily basis than ND kids. So even if they are reacting similarly, the number of instances for gifted kids would be higher, making it seem like they have a lower tolerance. But then, some kids are gifted AND ADHD and we still come back to the question of how do you tell the difference between a misdiagnosis and a dual diagnosis.

Sigh. Really wish these kids came with manuals!