Aculady- DS9 does have proprioceptive issues...proprioceptive and vestibular issues are his primary sensory problems (along with a tactile oversensitivity)...thus the excessive movement.

I have definitely considered not doing the meds. In fact, we have had far more days this school year without meds than with. Obviously, I don't want to medicate him if he doesn't need it. At the same time, if meds will make things better for him, then I'm not against giving them. Yes, he can get by without them....I can tell the tutor to suck it up and deal with his fidgeting.... but could he reach his true potential with the medication? You have to remember that his teacher who says he is doing "fine" without the meds, is teaching all levels of students. Sure my HG child is performing above average without medications, but could it be easier for him if he could focus? But then we go back to whether the issue is focus or just boredom. Ugh, it just goes in one big circle.

I don't mean to have hi-jacked this thread, but while I'm discussing DS9, I'll update you on his medication trial from yesterday. Yesterday, I gave him Ritalin 20mg a full hour before tutoring. She said he was far less fidgety and was able to concentrate more. At the same time, he was more talkative than usual. Then, in physical therapy, he was able to follow patterns much easier than normal. He did not act silly or goofy or anything like he normally acts. At the same time, he seemed really "down" to me and he was constantly yawning saying he felt like he couldn't get a big enough breath. This is really sooooooo hard!!! I don't want to hurt him by giving him meds and I don't want to hurt him by withholding meds. Sigh.