Actually, I have thought about this lately as well as my DS7 (8 in a few weeks) is currently undergoing an ADD assessment. The difference with my DS is that he does have a hard time with focusing on activities that he finds boring or more difficult. He is very active (plays multiple sports and is most himself when he has the optimum amount of mental and physical activity each day). He has always been a gross motor kid and his fine motor skills are not as developed. His handwriting is not sloppy but is unorganized and he struggles with written output (he also has an average PSI and a 155 GAI which does not help). The point is that he does not enjoy handwriting.

I think that he likely has ADD inattentive and a physiomotor OE. He is not hyperactive IMO but is active - he can sit through lectures, church, weddings and has always been a good traveler - both long car trips and air flights. We do incorporate activity in each day - luckily, the apple does not fall far from the tree and it is not uncommon for me to come home from work and find DS and DH playing basketball in the driveway. The weekends we always do some sort of family recreational activity - bike riding, park, skiing in the winter, etc. I only have one child (partly because I don't have the energy smile ) so I am sorry I don't have advice for dealing with this with multiple kids.