Originally Posted by sajechma
The kid knows there is something wrong and the anxiety hits the roof!

Highly perfectionistic/HG+ and dyslexia are not a good mix! My DD just refuses to write or does the bare minimum because she can't bear to make mistakes.

On the bright side, her principal called DH today and said he had a phone conference with the psychologist already and will be meeting with the school resource teacher tomorrow to review her case. He will get everyone involved to meet with us next week and iron out her new accomodations. She received a Fusion writer for her own personal use in any subject, and that alone had her smiling from ear to ear today. She said that writing was almost fun! We are trying to be realistic in our hopes for what the school will offer. We know that as a solid B/some A's student, she meets all expectations. They seem to be very concerned about her self-esteem and anxiety though, and I think this may be her 'in' to accessing resources. Fingers crossed anyway. We are planning to wait until the school meeting before we make decisions about private tutoring. It is hard to sit on your hands and idle once you get new information. My first instinct is to just run with it and do everything that has been suggested.

Last edited by kathleen'smum; 09/27/11 05:58 PM. Reason: over comma-ing, once again

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery