Hello Morgan,

I have been trying to figure out the IQ test, scores and what everything means for almost 2 years. I would not say that that any of it is widely known information.
Someone with more experience will give you some more advise soon.
In our experience with our DS7, he took the WPPSI III at 5yrs 4 months and then the WISC IV at 6 yrs 8 months. The scores were not significantly differently. The biggest difference was that with the WISC IV the tester can calculate the GAI in addition to the full scale. The GAI only uses the Verbal Composite and Perceptual composite. The WISC IV also has more subtest that look at working memory and processing speeds. With these we were able to see that working memory and coding (which involves fine motor skills and speed) held him back to some degree.
He has recently been diagnosed with ADHD as well. Asperger's has been even mentioned to us recently as well but it has not been diagnosed. We are observing and trying to help him with social skills. My point is that it is not an easy road and information can be contradictory and overwhelming as you search. This forum has really help me see that I am not alone.
Good luck!